A rare copper and brass circa 1900's static navigation light with a makers plaque to the front reading 'CHANCE BROTHERS & CO LTD, NEAR BIRMINGHAM'. Fitted with a cut glass lead crystal fresnel lens, made up of individual lead crystal rings. It is now converted to electric with a bulb present. This lens is not the original lens and is slightly smaller than what the original would have been. It does have slight damage, mainly to the central dioptric ring, there is a piece missing. There is a door which would have originally exposed the internal oil burner. It also came with a bracket as shown in the images which measures 23cm x 8cm x 9cm.
The light measures 84cm / 33" high with the handle,63cm / 25" without and 35cm / 14" diameter.