A whaletooth commemorating HMS Supply mounted on a wooden base, with a base banding of whales.
Launched in 1759, the third HMS Supply was a Royal Navy armed tender that played an important part in the foundation of the Colony of New South Wales. The Navy sold her in 1792. She then served commercially until about 1806.
To the reverse of the tooth the wording 'First Fleet & 20 years of Service'. We think worked by the scrimshaw artist Jesper Albany.